The Islamic Center of Nashville offers an Islamic Weekend School on Sundays from 10 am - 1 pm at Nashville International Academy.
7335 Charlotte Pike, Nashville TN 37209.
-The new academic year begins September 14, 2014
-Minimum age requirement is five years and maximum is eighteen.
|09:45am - 09:59am
|10:00am - 10:45am
||First class period
|10:45am - 11:00am
|11:00am - 11:45am
|11:45am - 12:00pm
|12:00pm - 12:45pm
|12:45pm - 01:00pm
||Wudu' and ready for Prayer (Salah)
|01:00pm - 01:15pm
Arrival and Dismissal:
Students will follow the IWS schedule (above) and their teacher instructions until the end of the third class period at 12:45pm
- -After the end of the third class period, students will complete Wedu' (abulution), and be ready for Salat Al-Duhr at 1:00pm. Students must complete Salat Al-Duhr before they are dismissed.
- -Students who arrive after 10am, they will not be able to go to their class for the first period. Parents will be responsible to take care of their own kids until the next break time at 10:45am. IWS will not be responsible for watching tardy students until the next break time. This rule was made to prevent disruptions after class has begun. This is allowed only for 3 times, the 4th time this happens, the student will be suspended from the school for the entire semester, and there will be no tuition refunds. This is to prevent parents from causing repeated disruptions and administration overhead.
- -There will be $20 late fee and a warning for any student not picked up by 1:30pm. This is allowed only for 3 times, the 4th time this happens, the student will be suspended from the school for the entire semester, and there will be no tuition refunds.
Tuition will be $140 for first child, $120 for second, and $100 for third child, for the entire academic year. Additional children in the same family are free. The tuition includes books.
Full payment is expected on the day of registration. If full payment is not possible, payment can be split to help parents/guardians. Note: Donations are always acceptable and will make up for any shortage in revenue.
Problem student and misconduct:
- -Students are to follow IWS staff directions and instructions at all times.
- -Students are to behave properly and show respect towards everyone in the school.
- -Students are to avoid any abuse to school property.
- -Any problem or misconduct from a student will result in one day suspension and will be reported to the Parent/guardian. The second time will result in suspension from the school for the entire semester.
Curriculums and Levels:
This level will cover the five pillars of Islam, some daily used Muslim phrases, learning to read and write the Arabic alphabets with basic pronunciation (tashkeel), and memorization of two and up to five short Surahs, also there will be a little more emphasis on Wedu' and Salat.
This level will cover in details the seven pillars of our faith, all aspects of Salah including Taharah, Wedu', Athan, Fardh, Sunna. This level will continue with short Surahs up to 14 short Surat from the Qura'n including memorization and meaning. Also the class will with the Arabic alphabet letters including writing and reading words with complete pronunciation.
This level will continue with the pillars of our Faith/Iman (belief and worship) in details including Seyam, Zakah, and Hajj. Also this level will continue with Arabic reading and writing sentences, reading short Ayat from the Qur'an and memorization of short Surahs using Juzu' Amma. Also the class will include the life of our Prophet (S) and his Hadeeth.
This level will advance to Arabic reading and writing paragraphs and reading Surahs with correct pronunciation and type of reading or tajweed. Memorizaiton of more Surahs will continue in this level using Juzu' Amma and Tabarak. For the Islamic studies, the class will study the life of our Prophet (S) and his Hadeeth, this level introduces the building of Islamic families and keeping them together.
Note: Based on the number of interested parents/students, there will be a Pre-K class and a Qur'an Tajweed class.